Tuesday, February 10

The Time is Now

Despite what you are hearing in the media, there is still an opportunity to stop this stimulus legislation. You can't wait in the wings for others to voice concern over this bill. You need to act. Congress needs to hear from you.

Contact your Senators and Representatives and tell them you aren't happy with the current bill. Tell them you absolutely do not support the health care legislation they are trying to sneak through. Tell them you want them to vote no.

There are three Republican Senators said to be voting with the Democrats. Call Senators Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins and Arlen Specter and ask them to vote with their party.

Senator Snowe, 202-224-5344
Senator Collins, 202-224-2523
Senator Specter, 202-224-4254

The switchboard number at the Capitol is 202-224-3121. Or, go on line and get the number for your senator's local office in your home state. You can also send an e-mail. Heck! DO BOTH.

2 comments:

Livin' Life said...

As an encouragement to you Natalie for your post and to other moms out there this was the first time in my life I actually was moved to email and contact our Senator's. I don't know how much good my little voice will be but if I and others together make one loud voice we may be heard. Thank you for the encouragement to be a part of this democracy. I did something I have never done before but I feel as though I tried to make a difference.

Natalie said...

I know that was a big step for you Livin' Life! Thanks for stepping out in faith and, yes, your voice does make a difference and does count. It's not about being able to eloquently wax poetic with the actual senator or representative about the nitty gritty of the bill, its simply about letting them know whether you favor it or not.

So glad you took the first step. The next one will be that much easier :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online