Monday, September 29

"I Have a Bracelet Too"

That was my favorite line from the debate last Friday night.

I don't want to belabor the point (100 points if you can name the journalist who said that), but I did want to touch briefly on the first presidential debate that was held last Friday in Mississippi.

Honestly, I don't think we learned anything we didn't already know about these two candidates. Obama appeared a little stronger when talking about the economy at the beginning and then McCain kicked it into overdrive as the conversation shifted toward foreign policy and the war in Iraq. All of which was completely expected.

Ironically, what struck me most were two things unrelated to the issues. It was quite noticable that McCain did not want to have any eye contact with Obama and went to great lengths to keep that from happening. I also found it a little strange that Obama only referred to McCain as John. Although I'm sure they are quite familiar with each other from the senate, it still seemed an informal and almost disrespectful way of addressing him at the debate.

Depending on what side of the aisle you're from, most people thought their candidate won.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online