- John McCain easily won all four primaries and received the number of delegates he needed to clinch the Republican nomination.
- President Bush is expected to endorse Senator McCain today.
- Mike Huckabee gracefully bowed out of the race last night telling his supporters, "We kept the faith. I’d rather lose an election than lose the principles that got me into politics in the first place.” He vowed to continue to help work with McCain to unite the party and country.
- In a do or die victory, Hillary Clinton clinched wins in Rhode Island, Ohio and, the big prize, Texas. These victories will energize her campaign and some pundits speculate this could keep the race tight right up to the convention. However, despite her wins, Barack Obama still has a slight lead in the number of delegates.
- Obama won the Vermont primary.
While McCain shifts gears and starts building his general election campaign, the Democratic contenders, Obama and Clinton, will continue to go head to head.
*All links go to related stories on that candidate.