Tuesday, April 28

Specter Finally Comes out of the Closet

I've received many emails today letting me know about Senator Specter's (PA) announcement that he is leaving the Republican party to become a Democrat.

I'll tell you what I've told everyone else: Good riddance. They can have him!

In word and deed, Specter has always sounded more like a liberal democrat than a republican of any degree. I have no idea why he has lasted 30 years as Pennsylvania's senator.

Despite what he is telling the media, the reason he made the switch is because the republicans have all but abandoned him statewide. His senate seat is already being challenged by a fella name Toomey and polls show Toomey with a significant lead. So Specter is doing nothing more than making a political move in hopes of keeping his seat.

I hate to tell him, but it's going to take more than switching parties to send him back to Washington. Republicans (me included) want him gone!

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Hear! Hear!

The Gang was doing the "well, it's about time!" dance here today :)

He hasn't represented the Rep. Party for a long, long time.

Melissa said...

I agree!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online