Wednesday, February 13

McCain and Obama Victorious in Primaries

Voters in Virginia, Maryland and D.C. overwhelmingly chose Barack Obama yesterday in the Potomac Primaries. With a large margin of votes, Obama increased his string of wins to eight straight primaries over Clinton and now leads the delegate count by 8.

For the Republicans, McCain increased his comfortable lead over Huckabee also winning all three primaries, although Huckabee did give him a run for his money in Virginia.

For more on the fall out of these primaries, you can visit:

Obama and McCain Sweep 3 Primaries, New York Times
For Clinton, Bid Hinges on Texas and Ohio, New York Times
McCain to Huckabee: It's Over, Fox News

4 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I am loving the race that Huckabee is running - in it with all his heart, stumping for what he believes in. I know he doesn't necessarily have a shot in you-know-where but he sure has made the race interesting and worth listening to. And I applaud McCain's gentlemanly approach to the competition, too!

Lulu said...

This is the first election I've ever been truly undecided or uninspired by any candidate, but I appreciate the resources you provide. Thank you, thank you, thank you for creating a political go-to site that holds its head high above the stereotypical melee that normally accompanies an election year. Please come pick up a little something I've left for you at my blog.

Anonymous said...

question( i must say i'm a swamped mom who has had minimal time to do my own research- thank you ma'am for putting this together for me ;D) from my own research, i think mccain is a pretty good candidate- i'd prefer huckabee for the strong christian leadership, but i don't think that mccain is such a bad alternative..... why is everyone so frustrated over his possible nomination and why are so many threatning to "sit out" the vote???? isn't that like cutting off one's nose to spite one's face? i'm not trying to be catty here- i'm genuinely baffled. am i misreading mccain's stand on the issues that badly?

Anonymous said...

I also don't understand why so many conservatives have a problem with McCain. It's refreshing to have an independent thinker as the Republican candidate. He's not afraid to take positions that ruffle the feathers of the far right and left. I admire that. Most of the animosity, as I see it, is hyperbolic rhetoric fueled by talk radio personalities.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online