Monday, February 4

Tsunami Tuesday

More than 20 states are having their primaries tomorrow (see the right sidebar for a list of the particpating states). If you're in one of those states, please promise you'll do three things:

1. Read up on the candidates and know what their positions are on the issues most important to you. Links to all of their web sites are on the left sidebar. You'll find entire sections devoted to the issues on each site.

2. Go Vote. It sounds logical but I'm always amazed at the number of people who don't vote. Excuses range from "I forgot" to "My vote doesn't count" to "I didn't like any one" to "I didn't have time." There is no excuse.

3. Come back here and leave a comment on tomorrow's post telling us what state you are in and who you voted for. It will be like our own little exit poll.

Some analysts are saying that the Republican nomination may be decided after tomorrow's vote while it may take a few more months and primaries to decide the Democratic nomination. My state's primary isn't until April so I really hope both parties make this a nail bitter to the end. I don't know if there is a more fair way of doing primaries so every one feels like their vote truly mattered, but when races are already decided before you even vote it really fuels the "My vote doesn't count" excuse and undermines the process.

Remember: Research, Vote, Report.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online